WHY WE MUST FOCUS ON COMMUNICATION
We all know that by now to communicate is the act of talking and listening while absorbing information. It is very easy for this content to be misunderstood if one of the two acts are absent from the conversation. If this process only consists of one act there is no communication taking place.
We must understand that a business dependent on how it communicates with its employees. It is therefore important to make sure that it is part of the job function to encourage employees into participating. Without functional communication taking place in the organization you will experience a lot of problems.
THE REASONS FOR GOOD COMMUNICATION
Not only all will good communication in the organization provide with better outcomes but it will also encourage employees to participate in growing the business. The following are positive benefits of a good communication system in an organization:
- Employee value - By participating in communication and giving input in day-to-day operation they will not feel like just a number. The more they participate on what is happening in the organization the more valuable they will feel in the long run.
- Leadership visibility - Leaders must be at the forefront of this communication channel and not hide behind closed doors with their own opinions. The organization cannot run on perception and presumption that is why leaders must step Up and initiate the communication channel.
- Open communication - Hiding information from employees and not sharing crucial elements of the business will leave in the dark. The sharing of some essential information will not only make you a better leader but it will also make you approachable by employees.
- Innovation - It was found that companies with open communication channels have more success when it comes to innovation. Innovation is something your organization needs to grow and constantly keep their position in the marketplace. Open communicate courage employees to give their input which can be assessed by the leader for implementation.
- Work environment - Good communication in an organization provides the employee with a healthy and good work environment. No one must be scared to say or do something that might upset the leadership as they have as much right to input than any other person in the organization.
- Efficiency - Where good communication is in place you will find that teams are more efficient as they understand the goals and vision of the organization much better. They would be more effective as a team rather than a group of fractured individuals.
- Productivity - A noticeable change in productivity levels will be observed if your communication is clear, consistent and trustworthy. This is because they are working as a team and they have a clear understanding of their goals and targets.
- Employee relationships - Healthy communication in the workplace also ensure that employees get along better with each other which results in great teamwork. Avoiding a toxic workplace is part of the leader's role and there is nothing better to avoid this then good communication.
I hope you have a clear understanding that you need to talk and listen very carefully to the opinion of others in the workplace. This is where people spend most of the time and they need to feel as valuable in the workplace as they are outside to their family.